Monday, November 16, 2009

Assignment Six

The region I have selected for this assignment is the Santa Barbara Country region. I chose this area because on my many drives up North to this county, I always droves alongside the coast on one side and the Santa Ynes mountains on the other. I recall this being a very scenic drive and I enjoy it every time I take part in it. I thought it would be a nice region to select due to the vast differences in elevation between the oceanfront and the mountains, especially as they are in such close proximity from each other. The region of my map is between the following four positions on the map. The East border is located at 34.623 decimal degrees. The West border is at 34.376 decimal degrees. The North border is at -120.142 decimal degrees, and the South Border is at -119.534 decimal degrees. The elevation peak at the top of the Santa Ynes Mountains in my specific chosen region is 1541.4 meters. The low is at sea level with 0 degrees of elevation.

(North Arrow rotated to faced left for accurate depiction)


































No comments:

Post a Comment